Vegan banana and biscuit 'ice-cream'
I came across this vegan 'ice-cream' recipe totally by chance, and as it seems very popular amongst veganists... veganites? Vegan people? ..Thought I should probably give it a go. It's really simple, surprisingly similar to ice-cream and quite healthy (but of course).
- Bananas -chopped and frozen for about 24 hours, or longer (I used about 6 to make a big bowl)
- Soya milk (I used about 300ml, but you can leave this ingredient out altogether and just use the bananas)
- Chocolate bourbon biscuits (I used about 5... Surprisingly most brands of these are vegan! Another new thing I learned. Although check the packet to make sure. Again, you can leave this ingredient out or even substitute it for something healthier like berries)
- Take the bananas from the freezer and blend to a creamy consistency in your blender
- Add in the soya milk and blend again
- Break up the chocolate bourbon biscuits, add and blend again
- And it's done! :) Serve immediately for a 'soft scoop' ice-cream, or do as I did and place ingredients in a large bowl to freeze for consumption later on
Mix in the chocolate bourbons -or your choice of ingredients!
The end result! (with some already eaten, har!)
Good times with friends
A great (and random) night all round.
-Here's to many more of the same! :)
Me and Damien
Bam and Bicky